Fish Tacos with Avocado Creme and Pickled Cabbage
Spiced baked cod, with a pickled zingy cabbage and topped with a creamy fragrant creme dressing. These ready in under 30 minutes tacos are packed with nutrition and flavour. This is a perfect quick meal and a welcome edition to any taco night.
Serves - 2/3 Prep - 10 mins Cook - 15 mins
2 Cod fillets
1 tsp of semolina
0.5 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp of smoked paprika
0.5 tsp of salt
0.5 tsp of black pepper
1 quarter of a red cabbage shredded
3 limes (2 juiced, 1 for serving)
2 tsp of creme fraiche
3 green chilli's
A bunch of fresh coriander chopped
6 Mini tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, chop the cod into big chunks and leave to the side, in a cup make a spice mix of the semolina, chilli powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Lightly oil a baking tray with olive oil, add the fish and cover with the season mix, coat the fish evenly with the spices and bake for 15 mins.
3. In the meantime, shred the cabbage and add to a bowl, pour the juice of a whole lime over the cabbage and cover. (This is to pickle the cabbage).
4. Onto the avo creme, place the de-seeded and de-skinned avocado in a blender, add the creme fraiche, a handful of roughly chopped coriander, 1 green chilli and 1 lime juiced. Add a splash of water (around 2tbs) and blend until you get a smooth consistency, the sauce should be runny but thick, if it looks too thick gradually add more water. Finish with half a teaspoon of salt and mix.
5. Lightly oil your tortillas and add to the over for 6 mins.
6. Once the fish is cooked, take out the fish and tortillas and assemble your tacos. Start with the pickled cabbage, then add the fish, top with a few chopped chilli pieces, coriander and finish with a drizzle of the avo creme.