Creamy Baked Chicken Paella
This baked chicken paella is the perfect dish winter dish! Hearty, delicious and and instant crowd pleaser! Pan-seared Paprika seasons chicken thighs in a creamy, cheesy sauce finished with a hint of mustard and chilli to add an extra depth. Serve in a big batch and leave your guests extra satisfied.
Serves - 4 Prep time - 5 mins cook time - 40 mins
6 chicken thighs
1 tbsp of paprika
5 garlic cloves chopped
0.5 tsp of salt
1tsp of oregano
1 tsp chilli flakes
1tbsp of dijon mustard
2.5 tbsp olive oil
1tsp of thyme
1 onion (chopped)
A knob of butter
400g of paella rice
800ml of chicken stock (two stock cubes)
150g of cream
70g of cheddar
Two handfuls of spinach
1/2 glass of white wine (optional)
1. Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6. Place the chicken in a bowl and add the, paprika, salt, chilli flakes, 0.5 tbsp of olive oil, oregano and mix together.
2. Add the rest of the olive oil to a large frying pan, and fry the chicken on each side for 2/3 minutes on a high heat. Remove from the heat and leave to the side.
3. In the same pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes on a low heat stirring frequently then add the garlic and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the butter and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Once the onions have turned translucent, add the paella rice and stir until covered by the onions. Add the wine, turn up to a medium heat and until stir until the wine has nearly evaporated.
5. Add the chicken stock and turn down the heat, stir occasionally until the stock has reduced and then add the cream, cheese and mustard and mix it all together.
6. Add the juice of half a lemon, spinach and stir until fully coated.
7. Place the rice in a casserole dish and top with the seared chicken (including the juices) and a sprinkle of thyme. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.