Parmesan Crusted Roast Chicken
Seared, succulent chicken baked and topped with a crunchy parmesan crust. Its zesty, a little bit spicy and full or wonderful texture. This is a great dinner party main or a more indulgent week night dinner. Pair with some roast potatoes and a side salad for a mid week dinner, or cook along side this gratin for a dinner party showstopper.
Serves - 4 Prep time - 5 mins cook time - 40 mins
8 chicken thighs
50g panko bread crumbs
3 springs of rosemary
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic salt
5 garlic cloves
4 bay leaves
15g finely grated parmesan
1/s tsp chilli flakes
1.5 tsp thyme
1. Peel and finely slice the garlic cloves, slice the lemon in half and leave half to the side for the juice. Slice the other half into around 4/5 slices depending on the size of the lemon.
2. Add the olive oil to a large frying pan, heat for 2 mins and then add garlic cloves, 1 tsp thyme, bay leaves and sliced lemon.
3. Lower the heat to a simmer and fry until the garlic is lightly golden stirring frequently (around 4 mins). Flip the lemons to gold the other side for around 2 mins.
4. Raise the heat to a medium and add the chicken, sprinkle with thyme, garlic salt and chilli flakes, then sear (brown) each side for around 4 mins until golden brown.
5. Whilst the chicken is browning, place the bread crumbs and parmesan in a bowl.
6. In a roasting tray add the fried lemons, then the bay leaves, then the chicken. Pour the remaining oil and browned garlic over the chicken.
7. Top the chicken with the bread crumb parmesan mix and roast for 25 minutes on gas mark 6.