Spicy Grilled Cheese
Easy. Cheesy. Spicy. A great snack or perfect for a quick lunch.
Serves - 2 Prep time - 5 mins cook time - 10 mins
4 slices of sourdough
4 tbsp of butter of margarine
30g of cheddar grated
20g of red leister grated
1 medium tomato chopped
5 jalapeno's chopped
1. Butter the sourdough slices on both sides and place two slices in a frying pan on a medium heat.
2. Top each slice with the 3/4 of cheddar, red leister, chopped tomatoes, jalapeno's and place the remaining slices of bread on top of each stacked slice.
3. Place the remaining cheddar on top and flip the sandwich using a spatular, placing pressure on top so the filling doesn't drop out.
4. Using the spatular press the cooked side down with medium pressure to assist the cheese in melting cook for around 3 minutes. Flip the sandwich again and repeat the pressure for a further 3 minutes.
5. Take off the heat and serve with a dip of choice.