Ready in 30 Minutes Bahn Mi's
Insert Vietnamese street food sandwich’s. Fragrant, Moorish and super filling this is a sandwich dreams were made of. Lemongrass marinated turkey mince with sweet and salty soy adding both depth and aroma, all wrapped up in a fresh toasted baguette and finished with pickled veg.
Serves - 4/5 Prep time - 10 mins cook time - 25 mins
1 large french breadstick
5 shallots (finely diced)
2 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs sweet soy sauce
3 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs dark soy sauce
2 tbs brown sugar
1.5 tbs ground black pepper
1 stalk lemongrass (minced)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 carrots pealed
1 cucumber pealed
3 tbsp of mayonnaise
2 green chilli's
2 tbsp of sunflower oil (for frying)
distilled white vinegar
1. In a bowl, place the vinegar and add the pealed carrots & cucumber and leave to pickle.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the finely chopped shallots, lemongrass, sweet soy sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ground black pepper, garlic and turkey mince. Mix it all together until the mince is fully coated.
2. Once everything is coated, spoon out tablespoon size balls of the mince. Mould into neat balls with your hand and place on a chopping board until all the mince has been used.
3. Add the sunflower oil to a large fry pan on a medium heat and add the balls, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry the mince on a low heat for ten minutes turning occasionally, until all the sides have browned and are no long pink in the centre.
4. Take the mince off the heat and leave to the side. Slice you bread down the middle and into four pieces.
5. Now we're going to assemble, spread the mayonnaise on the bread first, then the chilli oil, then add the meatballs, top with the pickled carrot and cucumber and finish with the coriander and green chilli's.