Parsley & Parmesan Crusted Chicken Strips with a Mustard Chilli dip.
Serves - 3 Prep - 10 mins Cook - 15 mins
For the chicken
4 chicken thighs
2 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of dried parsley
0.5 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of garlic salt
1tsp of ground black pepper
1 tsp of cracked black pepper
1 garlic clove minced
100ml of buttermilk (if you can't find it use plain yoghurt)
150g panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp of sour cream
1tbsp of mayonnaise
5 fresh chive stems
1 tsp of lemon
1 tsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
1 tsp of tabasco
1. Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6 and slice your chicken into bite size strips.
2. In a bowl place the buttermilk, 0.5 tsp of salt, 1tsp of paprika, ground black pepper and the crushed garlic and mix together. Place the chicken in the mix and leave on the side for 20 mins.
2. Add the breadcrumbs to a separate bowl with the rest of the paprika, garlic salt, dried parsley, cracked black pepper and 10g of parmesan, using your hands combine it all together.
3. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and onto breading the chicken. Using one chicken strip at a time, take the chicken out of the marinade and dip into the breadcrumb mix, fully coating each side. Once you've coated the chicken place on the lined baking tray, lining up each strip as you go and being careful not to over crowd them.
4. Once you've coated each chicken strip and placed on the baking tray, lightly brush or drizzle the top of the strips with olive oil and place in the oven for 20 mins.
5. In the meantime, using two separate ramekins onto the dips! For the sour cream and chive dip, place the sour cream, mayonnaise, chives and lemon juice in one of the dishes and mix together. For the chilli mustard, place the dijon mustard, olive oil, tabasco and a drizzle of water (around 0.5 of a tsp) in the other dish and mix.
6. Take out the chicken and check its cooked all the way through (should be completely white inside). Serve alone or with tortilla wraps and salad.