A great takeaway alternative for when you want something quick and full-flavoured. Spicy nutty curried noodles ready in under 30 minutes.
Serves - 4 Prep time - 5 mins cook time - 20 mins
1 red onion
2tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves minced
A handful of basil
300g of vermicelli glass noodles
0.5 red chilli de-seeded and chopped
2 handfuls of peanuts chopped
2 tbsp of curry powder
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp chilli oil
1tsp of peanut butter
1. Start by cutting the onion in a sixth (sliced 3 ways vertical and horizontal) , place in a frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook for 2 minutes. Add the minced garlic, basil peanut butter and fry for a further 4 minutes and leave on a simmer.
2. In the mean time boil the noodles in water for 2-3 minutes, drain and place to the side keeping the cooking water.
3. Add the spinach to to the onions and stir until it starts to wilt, add the red chilli, the noodles, curry powder, soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli oil and gently toss it all together using two cooking spoons.
4. Add 70ml of the cooking water and half the chopped peanuts and turn up the heat moving the frying pan in a flipping motion for 2 minutes.
5. plate up and top with the remaining chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice.