Garlic Bread Bruschetta
A great 10 minute dish, Ideal for a summer gathering with friends or as a simple lunch. This easy dish is fresh, tasty and full of flavour.
Serves - 4 (2 if for lumch) Prep - 10 mins Cook - 15 mins
Fresh bread ( go with whatever shape you prefer, I used a stone baked pave)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
20g of fresh parsley
1 pack of piccolini cherry tomatoes (thickly diced)
2 spring onions (diced)
2 Tbsp of olive oil
20g of basil (chopped)
25g of feta (crumbled)
1 medium packet of rocket leaves
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
0.5 tsp of cracked black pepper
1. Starting with the garlic butter - add the butter, garlic clove and parsley to a small bowl and mix together until everything is evenly mixed. Leave to the side.
2. In a larger bowl, place the diced tomatoes, basil, spring onion, 1tbsp of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper and mix together.
3. Slice the bread around 2cm thick and toast. Once toasted butter each slice with the garlic butter.
4. For the salad dressing mix the lemon juice and 1tbsp of olive oil In a cup and leave to the side.
5. Now assemble, on a large board scatter the rocket and dress with the lemon vinaigrette. Place the butter bread slices on top and using a spoon place the chopped tomato mix on the bread.
6. Crumble the feta over the rocket in between the bruschetta and serve.